Wikis: Creating a wiki
Learning about and using Web 2.0 collaborative tools ● For efficiently using a wiki
A few tips to get started
1. Try starting with cloud-hosted wiki software that doesn't need to be locally installed.
2. Try out the features of the wiki software in the sandbox, the online equivalent of a rough draft.
- Examples of wiki software with sandboxes: Mediawiki, PmWiki, MoinMoin
- Examples of existing wikis with sandboxes: Wikipedia, EduTech, Wiki-site (Mediawiki is the wiki software)
3. Create your own space on the selected wiki by filling in a form (create a login and assign a name to the wiki). The syntax usually used for the address is the assigned name followed by the name of the wiki software.
For example, http://redacthese.pbworks.com (name of the created wiki: redacthese – wiki software used: pbworks)
- Examples of wiki software: CafeWiki, ZohoWiki