Developing an information search strategy: Resources and tools
Simple but efficient actions for a documentalist to assess the latest developments on a topic
Multidisciplinary resources and tools
- TermSciencesGlossary portal offering to look up multilingual scientific terminology (lexicons, dictionaries, thesauri, classifications)
- CNRS semantic atlasReflects the many uses of a term as verified by their featuring in a number of dictionaries.
- The Grand dictionnaire terminologiqueBilingual term bank French-English and English-French, created by the Office québécois de la langue française, covering technical and scientific fields (including social science).
- RAMEAURAMEAU (Encyclopedic and alphabetical unified reference matter directory) is a subject indexing language. It is used in France by the National Library (BnF), university libraries, many public reading or research libraries as well as several private bodies.
Resources and tools in STM
- MeSHThis is the vocabulary "verified" by the National Library of Medicine and used for indexing MEDLINE/Pubmed articles. LESH terminology offers a consistent methodology for retrieving information which may be using different terminologies for one single concept.
- AGROVOC ThesaurusAGROVOC is a structured, multilingual verified glossary used to cover the terminology of all "topic" fields in agriculture, forestry, fishing, food and related fields.